Thursday, January 23, 2014

Simple Hat and Scarf.

Christmas before last I had my coworker pick out some yarn and promised her a scarf.   Well at the time I was working on my BSU blanket for my sister and had little time for anything else.  Needless to say, the scarf got put off.  Well about a month ago I decided I wanted to start working on the scarf and I wanted to try something different.   Normally when you are making a stitch in crochet you do it into the two loops on the very top that form a V.  Well I decided to do a slight alteration on the front loop only stitch (Which, as it sounds, means you only crochet into the front loop)  I decided to make my double crochet stitches into the two front loops.   I simply love the texture this added to my scarf.   Also the co-worker I was making this for is quite the artistic spirit so I didn't feel like I could give the scarf normal fringe.  She always wears her hair in a braid. So I decided to incorporate some braids into the fringe and I love it.  


For the hat I wanted to try something new, yet not too complex.  I searched Pinterest and came across this pattern. 

http://www.crochetrochelle.com/2013/11/pretty-girl-beanie.html?m=1

I ended up turning the half double crochet into single crochet and doing a few less rows than called for.   I followed the pattern for a medium adult and even though my gauge matched I felt like the hat was quite loose.  If I were to use this pattern again I would probably go with the teen size. I also wasn't wanting to make a flower.  I wanted the hat to be simple (after all the yarn had so many colors to it!)


Here are a few pictures!

The Scarf:

 Hat and Scarf:
 
 The Hat:
 
The Fringe:

 
 
 
 
I hope that you enjoyed this!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment